Studied Fine Art (specialising in Painting) at:
• Plymouth college of Art and Design , 1999 Foundation Diploma, Fine Art ,(Distinction)
• 2002_2003, Higher National Diploma, Fine Art, (Distinction).
• Nominated for Unscenart 2002 , Catto Contemporary gallery . Shorditch London.
• University of Plymouth ,faculty of Art Exeter .2002-2003,Ba Honours degree in Fine Art 2:1
• Awarded the Rupert Lionel Acott prize for outstanding achievement in figurative painting 2003
• Recruited (by invitation) onto the board of EQUATA southwest ,2005
• Completed a PGCE postgraduate teacher training course in July 2007 (University of Plymouth, Teaching practice at Plymouth College of Art and Design, HE and FE Fine Art and Design programs).
My work is a form of intense visual study examining everyday objects such as fabric and bric-a-brac that act as symbols of seemingly mundane domesticity.
Through the relationship between these symbols I attempt to convey an atmosphere of tension, contradiction and contrast, providing a narrative with several scenarios whilst investigating the aesthetic of “beauty in the mundane”.
Coping with a painful physical condition painting is a vital cathartic experience, and a voice to convey the restriction and entrapment of limited mobility. I attempt therefore to encourage reflection on the ephemeral nature of life.