VOTE NOW AND RECEIVE A 12% DISCOUNT CODE - 12% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE BEFORE 12 DECEMBER 2015.
Artist of the Year 2015
Vote for your favourite artist from 4th-Oct-2015 to 30th-Nov-2015
Artist of the Year is a major competition held by ArtGallery.co.uk to recognise
the very best artistic talent.
How it works
Art lovers can vote for their favourite artists using the "Make favourite" button on any artists' profile page. From October to December 2015, these votes will count towards the Artist of The Year Award.
The overall winner will receive
£1000, and there are two Highly Commended prizes of £250 up for grabs too.
- All artists on the ArtGallery.co.uk website gallery are eligible.
- The qualifying phase of the competition commences on Sunday 4th October 2015 and ends at midnight on 30th November 2015.
- 12 artists will qualify for the final judging phase (which will take place in the first two weeks of December), as follows:
- Premier Gallery - 2 artists
- Bestsellers Gallery - 4 artists
- Main Gallery - 6 artists
- The Competition page will display the leading artists in each gallery based on the “Favourites” received. and will be updated in real time.
- The finalists will be the top artists in each Gallery based on the number of customers who have clicked the "Make Favourite” button for an artist during the competition period. Duplicate “Favourites’ will be monitored and removed.
- On 1st December, the 12 finalists will enter the final judging phase, and the competition winner and two highly commended artists will be chosen by a judging panel (to be announced shortly). The judges will be asked to consider the following criteria for each artist's profile and artwork portfolio:
Saleability: Originality: Quality of presentation and Artistic skill.
- The Competition page will display the leading artists in each gallery based on the
Favourites received and will be updated in real time.
- The winning artist will be announced on or before the 18th December and will receive a cheque for £1000, and be designated the ArtGallery.co.uk 2015 Artist of the Year.
- Two Highly Commended artists will each receive cheques for £250, and be recognised on the ArtGallery.co.uk website.
- Any artist abusing the competition rules will be disqualified.
- The judges' decision will be final.