A pencil drawing of a Chinese giant panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) relaxing among the branches of a small tree. One of the many oddities about giant pandas is their membership of the order Carnivora, even though 99% of their diet is bamboo and the other 1% is also vegetable matter. Pandas are iconic, used as a logo by the World Wildlife Fund since their establishment in 1961. I have always wanted to have a go at drawing one and I expected it to be relatively easy in pencil since the animals are about as close to black and white as you can get in nature. This drawing turned out to be perhaps the most challenging pencil drawing I have completed and took many hours to complete.
Original artwork with signed Certificate of Authenticity
W 16.50" x H 11.75"
Media: pencil
Surface: Extra Smooth Bristol Board
Free delivery in UK!
Outside the UK? Plus icon
Channel Islands/Ireland: n/a
Near Europe: n/a
Rest of Europe: n/a
USA/Canada: n/a
Australia/New Zealand: n/a

Sold, sorry!
Sorry, this item is currently unavailable.

Previous page

My basket

Basket is currently empty.

Own Art member
Own Art makes buying art easy and affordable - spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan. Find out more

News and information

Contact us

  • ArtGallery.co.uk
    Millennium House
    Brunel Drive
    NG24 2DE